- 1 Best Foil Shavers Review
- 1.1 (1) - Panasonic ES8243A Arc 4 Wet & Dry Review
- 1.2 (2) - Braun Electric Shaver Series 3 ProSkin 3040S Review
- 1.3 (3) - Brio Beardscape Review
- 1.4 (4) - Wahl 5-star series finale 8164 Review
- 1.5 (5) - Suprent 4-Blade Foil Shaver Review
- 1.6 (6) - Remington F2-3800L Review
- 1.7 (7) - Common Wealth Professional Shaver Review
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Final Words
Shaving is something that people usually hated to do because of the time and effort that it took to get rid of that excess body hair. But, thanks to technology, electric shavers were brought to us.
The shavers that were used before were dangerous and could easily give people cuts and nicks regularly but an electric shaver is so much safer, and it gives you a shave that is just second to visit a barber. Electric shavers seem to be the most resorted to because of how easy they are to use. They are quick and can give you a great shave at home. They are small and portable, and the commonly used ones are battery powered. If you have checked out electric shavers, you probably already know that there are two types- rotary and foil shavers. Rotary tend to be much larger whereas foil shavers are slimmer and compact.
Foil shavers are great because not only can you shave your beard and head but you can also trim your sideburns, nose, ears and even moisturize your skin while shaving.
Although there are plenty of models out there, there are a lot of great foil shavers that you can find within $100.
Foil shavers can save you time, money and effort. You won’t have to visit a barber, you don’t have to spend money on replacing the blades very often, and you certainly won’t have to use shaving creams unless you want to and that’s only if you purchase a wet shaver. You won’t even have to worry about razor cuts and nicks, and you can finish your morning shave off in just a few minutes.
Although rotary shavers are great and the different heads move in different directions to give you a good shave, foil shavers are smoother and can give you an even closer shave. If you’re interested in purchasing one, make sure to go through this guide so that you know exactly what to go for.
Best Foil Shavers Review
A foil shaver has rounded blades that oscillate back and forth and cut the hair between the blades like how scissors would. It is great for shaving your head or face entirely for a smooth shave. They provide closer shaves for larger and smaller areas and they don’t irritate your skin.
If you are looking to purchase the best men’s foil shaver, then read on. Here are the “top 7 foil shavers” that you can purchase:
This cordless shaver is a wet and dry one for a quick, clean shave. You can use it in the shower, with shaving gel and cream or you can use it dry if you need to clean up quickly. It is the best electric foil shaver that you can buy at this price range. It is super slim and flexible which is great for those hard to reach areas. It is a 100% waterproof and even has an LCD display that shows the shavers status, cleanup and use of popup trimmer. You can even use it while the cord is in and it’s charging, just in case you forget to charge it beforehand.
1. Because of the linear motor, you can get a quiet and quick shave.
2. It is a wet and dry shaver so that you can use it as per your convenience.
3. It has an advanced display system on the handle which shows the battery status, need for cleaning and when the foil has to be replaced.
1. The trimmer is rather large and pops up from the back, so it makes it difficult to see what you are trimming.
You should go for this razor if you want something that is quiet and quick and worth its price.
This shaver comes with a blue and black color with MicroComb technology which catches a lot more hair in the blades for a faster and more precise shave. This shaver is the best foil shaver under 100$ for sensitive skin because you can use it with a shaving foam or gel to get a smoother shave that is irritation free. The blades automatically retract on your skin and you can easily shave under your nose and other places. It charges very quickly in just 5 minutes just so you can continue shaving if the battery goes down or if you forget to charge it the night before.
- It has a slide up trimmer instead of a pop up one so that the hair gets trimmed much easier.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain and barely takes up much time.
- You can have a dry shave or a wet one with this shaver.
- It takes a while to get used to using this, and you will have to hold your skin taut to get a good shave.
This shaver is great if you don’t mind having a little patience to learn to use it. It is also the best men’s foil shaver under $100.
(3) - Brio Beardscape Review
This foil shaver is the best one that you can get to groom your beard. It has ceramic blades that are stronger than stainless steel as well. It is quiet when using and lasts for about 4 hours when fully charged. Since this is a dry shaver the blades would need to be oiled frequently to prevent them from getting damaged and to reduce the friction. Although this is great for your beard, you can also use it to trim your head and neck as well. The design fits well in your hands and you can even adjust the height of the blade as well as the power.
- The battery is very powerful and lasts for a very long time if taken care of.
- It gives a clean and precise cut without pulling on any hair.
- You can adjust the blades and the level of power depending on how you want it.
- If you keep the device charging for more than 4 hours more than once, the battery gets ruined entirely.
This is the best foil shaver 2018 that you can find within this price range that does a great job on your beard.
This is the best foil shaver for head, neck, and face and gives you a bump-free precise shave. The gold foils are great for sensitive skin and you don’t have to worry about razor bumps, skin irritation or ingrown hair. A fully charged battery will keep the shaver running for 90 minutes at a consistent speed. You will need to clean it regularly but each time you do this you get a shave that feels like its new. You get a foil guard, automatic charging station and a cleaning brush which makes it a great device because not only do you have to be worry free about charging it but also protecting and cleaning it.
- The battery lasts for a very long time, so you don’t have to worry about charging it unless you use it every day
- You get a charging station which makes charging much easier for you.
- It is excellent for sensitive skin even though it is a dry shaver.
- It doesn’t trim very well. It’s better if you trim your hair first before shaving.
If you plan to go for a clean, full shave then this is the budget shaver you want.
This good-looking shaver has floating blades which can give you a great shave and help you get every angle. It is great for a coarse beard and smooth skin. A fully charged battery will last for 70 minutes or more depending on how often you use it. It also comes with a cleaning brush, and it has the option to put it on travel lock so that it doesn’t turn on while you’re traveling and a push-up hair trimmer to get rid of any excess facial hair. The LED light tells you when it needs charging and when the battery is full. It is lightweight and fits well in your hands and is easily portable.
- Good for coarse and rougher hair and is smooth on the skin at the same time.
- Battery lasts for weeks as compared to others.
- The push-up trimmer is great for taking care of any extra facial hair.
- You can’t purchase the replacement blades or any spare parts so you will have to buy a new shaver if the blades dull.
If you have money to spend and you don’t mind purchasing a new one after a few months or a year, then go for this.
This is the best foil shaver 2019. This shaver comes in a black design and after fully charging proves 3 hours of cordless runtime. It has flex foil technology which keeps the skin taut and then shaves the hair so that your hair doesn’t get pulled and it prevents razor burn and ingrown hair. It has stainless steel blades that are very durable and give a smooth, clean shave. The battery life is great, and it lasts for weeks depending on how you use it. This shaver is also super easy to clean since it’s a rather simple one that doesn’t have many complicated parts. For the price, it gives a great shave and is great to take traveling with you.
- It is super light and is also reasonable as compared to most shavers.
- It also has a pop-up detail trimmer for trimming your nose, ear and moustache hair.
- It charges fast and sustains the charge as well.
- You will need to trim your hair to a manageable length before you use this, to avoid hair tugging.
You get what you pay for with this shaver. It has everything you want if a dry shaver is what you want.
This device is a shaver, trimmer, and shaper all in one. You can have a bump free, reaction-free shaving experience. You can even clean up your neck very easily with this. The gold foil prevents irritation and the device lasts for about 90 minutes after a full charge. There is even a light that blinks when the battery is low. This is the best men’s shaver 2018 because it is light, quiet and very compact. You can have a complete clean shave of your stubble even if you have sensitive skin. It has a pop-up trimmer on the back so that you can trim the hair on your mustache, nose and ears. It is also great for shaping your beard and even though it is a dry shaver, it can handle coarse hair as well.
- It gives a clean shave and complete removal of stubble.
- It is great for sensitive skin, and the gold foil ensures no ingrown hairs or rashes.
- It has a trimmer as well, and it can be used for shaping your mustache or beard.
- Since it is a dry shaver, you can’t use gels or foam if that is usually what you are used to.
This shaver is a great one considering its price. If you like dry shavers, then you should definitely go for this.
1. Figure out the purpose that you are purchasing for- Are you planning to buy a shaver because you want to keep your face smooth and hair free or do you want to trim it occasionally? Foil shavers are good for shaving daily, and they are great for sensitive skin.
2. The power supply- Foil shavers are either battery powered, corded or have a charging dock where you can plug it in and charge it. The ones with a charging dock are popular because they fully charge, so you don’t have to worry about it running out while you use it, the battery powered isn’t reliable because you have to keep remembering to charge it and corded ones are quite annoying to use because the cord always comes in the way while shaving.
3. Wet or Dry- If you need to shave in the shower then go for a wet shaver. If you have sensitive skin then you would need to use shaving cream or gel then you would need a wet shaver. However, keep in mind that not all wet shavers let you use a gel or cream because it might clog the shaver and it is mostly the new shavers that have to charge docks that prohibit it because it might ruin the cleaning process. These also won’t work when plugged in for safety reasons in case someone decides to use it in the shower.
4. Care and cleaning, Manual or Automatic- If you have sensitive skin it’s very important that you wash your shaver after every use. Foil shavers are easy to clean but you have to make sure to clean the thin foil is kept protected while cleaning it. The advanced shavers have a dock where you can charge your shaver, and it even cleans it while it is plugged in. There is a solution that disinfects the shaver, and there are levels that you can select based on how dirty it is.
5. The mobility- This is an important part to consider when buying a foil shaver because the more flexible it is, the easier to shave. A cordless shaver is the best, in this case, battery powered should be used for traveling and a corded shaver is good because you can use it while it’s plugged in but it will come in the way while you’re shaving.
6. The price range- Although there plenty of shavers under $50 and it might be tempting, they may end up getting ruined in less than a month. It is good to go for a good brand that may be a little expensive, but it pays off because it will last for a very long time and the blades will need to be changed after a long period. However, pick a budget and stick to that.
7. The design and grip- It’s essential to have a shaver that fits well in your hands. Go for something that won’t slip out of your hands easily, and you can even reach difficult places like below your nose, your jaws and the back of your neck. You don’t want it slipping out of your hand when you’re shaving.
8. The shavers replacement blades- The foil blades of an electric shaver will wear out with time just like any other shaver, so you will have to replace them. Find out if you will have to buy another set of blades and replacement parts and from where to buy them. The high-end shavers usually come with a spare set of blades and replacement parts, so you don’t have to go hunting for them.
9. Regular foil or Gold- Some foil shavers come in gold or the regular foil that you get in the usual ones. The gold foil shavers are supposed to be the best for sensitive skin as it prevents ingrown hair, bumps or any other reaction that your skin might have when using a dry shaver. Wet shavers usually don’t have the issue, but if you go for dry, you might want to look for one with a gold foil.
How do I use my foil shaver?
• Prepare yourself for the shave- Wash your face, then pat it dry with a towel. Your skin should be dry to get a good shave.
• Apply a shaving foam or lotion- Lather up the foam or rub the gel in circular motions on your skin with or without a shaving brush and leave it on your skin for about 5 minutes so that it sinks into your hair and softens it.
• Start shaving- Always go against the hair when shaving with a foil shaver, this helps the hair spread out, and the shaver gets a closer cut at the hair.
• Have patience- It might take some time to get used to it especially when shaving the more difficult areas like your chin and neck, but take your time.
Don’t use much pressure and let the shaver do most of the work.
• Use an aftershave or lotion- Don’t use any cologne as the alcohol will dry out your skin and if you have gotten a razor burn, you will only make it worse. Lotion or aftershave can soften your skin and prevent it from drying out.
• Shave as often as you possibly can- Foil shavers aren’t the best for long hair, keep your hair short to avoid having the shaver tug on your hair.
How do I clean and take care of my foil shaver?
• Make sure the shaver is turned off.
• Remove the cutter head.
• Use a brush to remove the hair that is collected between the head.
• Remove all the parts of the shaver that can be removed.
• Use little hot water and soap, take a small brush and clean all parts of the shaver. You can even buy a special liquid cleaning solution from shops to be on the safe side.
• Rinse the rest of the parts with warm water.
• Dry the parts or let it air dry until it is completely dry.
• Put it back together and use a bit of oil occasionally to lubricate the cutter head and keep it lasting for long.
How often should I clean my foil shaver?
You should do a proper and thorough cleaning every week, and you should clean it after every use. Always make sure that the hair inside is removed before you start cleaning it. If you don’t take care of your shaver and clean it often, hair will get clogged, and the motor will start getting ruined because of the strain. It could also mean that you are inviting bacteria on your face, clean it regularly instead. Most people prefer to opt for the modern shaver because of their cleaning stations which make it much easier to use and maintain.
Why are electric shavers better than razor blades?
Electric shavers are fast to use, comfortable, portable and rechargeable. It is also better because it is much safer to use as compared to razor blades.
How to prevent the foil on my shaver from wearing out?
• It will eventually wear out with time, but you can prevent it from happening too soon.
• Don’t push too hard while shaving, let the shaver do its job instead.
• Don’t drop the shaver or bang the foil anywhere, and it will cause a hole in it. Keep the cap on at all times to protect the foil.
• Try to complete your shave within 4 minutes, any longer than that will wear out the foil.
• Try to trim your beard first. A long beard will wear the foil out quicker as compared to a shorter one.
Although there are plenty of shavers out there, it is important that you have plenty of knowledge on foil shavers before your purchase. This guide doesn’t just mention what to keep in mind when purchasing your shaver, but it also mentions the best shavers that you can find at reasonable prices. It even answers the most commonly asked questions. After going through this guide, choose the best shaver as per your budget, the design, and qualities you want.