- 1 Best Disposable Razors Review
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Final words
Everyone likes to look perfect and as per their personality. Some men love to carry their facial hair, while others enjoy clean shaved face depending on their needs, trends they follow and choice. Ever since its birth, disposable razors have been used for shaving or removing the facial hair completely. As it goes necessity is the mother of evolution so is with the development and progression of razors, as per the changing needs razors have been developed a different kind from a straight razor, cut-throat razor, electric razor to disposable razor. All have their pros and cons, and the most widely used these days is a disposable razor.
Anything that is easy and convenient to use is always the first preference of all, and this is the foremost reason why disposable razors are widely used in the fast-moving world. Many brands have produced disposable razors. Some can be thrown out entirely while for the others the new blade can be popped up every time. The other reason that makes disposable razors a choice of everyone is that they are convenient, easy to use, flexible and safe to use on skin. For the sensitive skin, there are individual blades that make shaving a great experience. The other important reason is it gives a clean shave in minutes and can be used at home. To add in all these, they are disposable so no need to remember to put it back in your bags while on trips, as men tend to forget things while travelling alone!
Best Disposable Razors Review
Disposable razors are the most frequently used razors by men, due to its convenient usage and effective results and many brands manufacture disposable razors. If the question is in your mind- what is the best disposable razor out of all the razors that are available in the market here are the top 5 best razors that give men more than they desire from a razor. Let’s have a quick look at the top best disposable razor for men:
Some men do have bumps on their skin, and it is difficult to shave. Also the ingrown hair is the other issue. To overcome all these, Bump Fighter Disposable is the perfect razor. With pivoting head and a single blade, Bump disposable fighter razor is considered as the best single blade disposable razor. It has the built-in conditioner on the head of the table which makes skin soft and smooth.
- It has a unique bump guard technology.
- The conditioner reservoirs help with an irritation-free shaving experience.
- The only problem with Bump fighter razor is it lack lubricating strip for extra lubrication.
It is a perfect single blade razor for all men. These all are the best five disposable razors for men for all kind of skin.
The BIC razor is one of the best razors for men with sensitive skin and though it is the cheaper razor available it does not mean that it lacks in quality. Its blades are arranged in such a manner, that it helps to shave easily and the blades are light to the surface making it a perfect choice for me with sensitive skin and the ones who are new to shaving. The blades are long lasting, and all these make it a super razor at such a lower price.
The razor is completely disposable so no refilling of the cartridge, when you feel like it’s time to change it, just throw the whole razor and grab a new one.
- BIC razor is the best razor for sensitive skin men
- It is of excellent quality and budget rate
- A perfect choice for the ones who are new to shaving, as it is easy to handle.
- They don't have any lubricating strip on blades while the other disposable razors have it.
When you are planning to start shaving on your own, or if you are planning to use a budget razor, BIC Twin select razor is perfect for them.
There is nothing about ProGlide that any man won’t like it. The technology that it has makes it stand different and is one of the best products for men. The Proglide fusion5 comes with a flex ball technology, this makes the blades flow to all the contours of the facial part and gives a perfectly clean shave without any cuts. The blades remain close to the skin throughout the shave but don’t trigger irritation. The comfort guard on the blade helps to provide better contact between the facial skin and blade. The precision trimmer and micro comb add to the razor. Trimmer helps to trim the extra hairs that are hard to remove and micro comb guides to avoid the clogging in between blades. The razor comes in two versions, manual and the power one. The power version is battery operated and gives a less friction shave. The microchip helps to give the same performance after every use it turns off the razor after 8 minutes of use automatically. The blades for Fusion5 ProGlide are unlike the older version and are thin and sharp comparatively.
- It has high technologies like Flex ball technology.
- The blades are sharp and durable.
- It gives irritation-free shaving.
- The price of the cartridge is the only concern with the Fusion5 ProGlide, but for long-term, it is a worth it investment.
With the cutting-edge technology, Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide is perfect for men who are technology freaks and love to explore and use new technologies, it undoubtedly a great paid worth on usage.
With 5 blades and the hydro reservoirs, the razor stands above all. As the blades are five, it makes the shaving smooth and clean. Also, the hydro reservoirs provide lubricant to the skin and the amount of lubricant it provides will make the skin stay soft and moist also after 1 hour of shaving, so there is need to apply after shave also. Also, it has guards coating on the blades which helps to deliver friction free results. Moreover, the other unique feature about the Schick Hydro 5 is the flip trimmer. You get a Trimmer at your fingertips and it helps for all those tiny hair under your nose that is very hard to trim. Also, the ergonomically developed handle helps to use the razor smoothly and blades are available easily.
- The hydrating gel with aloe vera is most suitable to the skin and best for sensitive skin.
- The flip trimmer makes it different.
- Though it has five blades, the gap between the blade is very low and helps in preventing irritation of the skin.
- The handle of the razor is not up to the mark.
Undoubtedly the razor is unique, and for the best results for sensitive skin, it should be used with SchickHydrosensitive shave gel or Schickmositurizing shave gel.
As the tagline goes Gillette: The best a man can have, this product of Gillette proves it is perfectly matching. Considering the outcome, Mach3 is the best product of Gillette that makes the shaving experience like never before. With the knowledge of over 100 years, Gillette is the other word for Razor, and with this wide experience, Mach3 is the razor that is one step above all. It has blades that are arranged progressively, so when you take one stroke the blade due to the arrangement takes three Strokes instead, the clogging of blades is less common as it can get easily cleaned while shaving. To add in more, the pivoting head makes it easier to reach all the facial parts easily for shaving without any nicks or cuts. The microfine in blades provides extra protection to the skin making it smooth and non-irritant with each passing. The cherry to the cake is the lubricating strips that the diamond-like cutting featured blade has, this lubricant strip provides lubrication to the skin making it smoother. This is the best disposable razor for sensitive skin. This lubricant strip turns white when the blade is to be replaced.
- The pivoting head makes it easier to reach all the parts of the face.
- The superior quality of blades gives a smooth and clear clean shave.
- The microfine feature that the blade has makes skin smooth and resistant less thus protecting skin from irritation.
- The cost of the cartridges and razor are high compared to other disposable blades.
Though being expensive Mach3 has all that is required and is great for an investment.
Here are a few things to remember before you buy a disposable razor
1. The type of razor: The disposable razors that are being manufactured these days are of two types, the one that just needs the blades to be changed every time it gets dull. In these, the handle can be reused a few numbers of times and only the cartridge having blades is to be replaced with the new one every time the blade's sharpness is gone. While, the other is a totally disposable that means once the blade is dull or you cannot shave more with the old blade, say goodbye to the razor and get a new one. The cartridge razor is expensive than the other type of razor but the shaving quality is also better.
2. The single blade or the multi-blade: Disposable razors come with s single blade as well as multiple blades. Single blade razors are cheaper as compared to multiple blades razor and the steel of blade is of the lower quality as compared to the other one. Though multiple blade razors are costly it makes shaving easy and quick as the blades glide on the face and give a great experience with a clean shave.
3. The number of blades doesn’t always mean a better shave: Yes the multiple blades razor gives you a clean shave, but that’s not the case always. You can use the same blades or razor till it gets dull and has to clean up every time, in case of multiple blades the hair receives entangled on the second use, third and eventual use the result is lower than single blade razors. This doesn’t mean at all that multiple blades razor are not good to use, they are undoubtedly better in results, but proper cleaning helps to maintain the result.
4. Go for blades with lubricating strips: Some blades come with a thin lubricant layer that helps to make shaving smooth and prevents irritation, contrary to this it can bring itchiness on sensitive skin so if you have sensitive skin, then you may want to avoid using one that has a lubricant strip.
5. Blades add to the cost of the razor: While comparing the quality of different types of razors, undoubtedly cartridge razors are of the highest grade and quality with efficient results. But comparing the cost, the cartridge razor will cost you more than the straight or safety razor due to the cost of its blades. This is one of the reasons why the manufacturer has now started selling the cartridge at a lower cost online than the store price. If you have a good budget for your razor selection, disposable cartridge razors are the best.
6. Brands that you should keep in mind: While you are on to purchase a razor for yourself the other important aspect that you should consider is the brand that you select. Buying a non- branded razor for a cheaper rate and then getting stuck in one option or going for well-known brands that are into razor manufacturing since more than a decade is the other option that is available. For a good experience and better results, it is advisable to go for good and branded razors like that of Gillette, BIC or others. But you decide to see the tag price or quality of the experience you want.
Guide on how to use a disposable razor:
It is a myth that shaving is a very easy thing to do and that any many can do it correctly in the first go, a perfect shaving and removal of facial hair with ease and grace can be done only if the correct technique is applied especially with disposable razors. Let’s have a quick look at how to shave using a disposable razor:
• Preparing yourself: While shaving with an ordinary razor you may not make yourself, but the case is different with a disposable razor if you are planning to use a disposable razor for the best results prepare yourself. Take a hot shower, or you can wrap a towel around the facial hair as heat and moisture combination softens the facial hairs and makes it easier to remove it.
• Apply the shaving cream or gel: Applying shaving cream or gel is most important, the crucial part is the type of shaving cream being used. Aerosol creams lose water faster thus makes skin dry, and episodes of skin itching may occur. It is advised to select a glycerine based shaving cream as it will not dry off and thus makes shaving easier for sensitive skin.
• Using the brush and trimmer: Applying the shaving gel or cream by the brush makes the facial hair fully covered with gel and shaving cream so that shaving can be easily done. But before applying the shaving cream, trim the hair if it's required. Cut hair or short hair can be removed with great ease and comfort. Also they will clog the blades lower than the untrimmed hair. Electronic razor or scissors can be used for trimming of the hair. After trimming apply the thick layer of shaving and get ready.
• Shave smoothly- After the application of shaving cream, shaving using any kind of disposable razor is easy. Always shave with the grain and evenly, do not be too harsh or too slow and light, so the results are not sufficient.
• Apply cream when necessary- At times, it is needed to reapply the cream for better results, in such cases, the cream should be reapplied, and the part should be shaved off gently.
• Clean the razor frequently- The razor should be cleaned and dipped in water frequently as the shaving cream and newly removed hair might get trapped between the blade or the blades and end up making it rather dull and an inefficient process. It is best to dip the razor head in water or wash it off.
• Applying after shave oil: After the removal of the facial hair, massage with aftershave, it prevents itching, dryness of skin and gives a shine that makes you look more handsome.
Following the process step by step makes shaving a great experience and adds into the final result of shaving. Changes as per personal need and care can be done as per own choice.
When should I change the razor or cartridge?
There is as such no guideline on when to dispose the cartridge and pop up the new one. It can be as early as five days to few months, and it entirely depends on the usage of the blades. As per a survey, a man makes 150 strokes in one time shaving so based on the personal use and other factors like facial hair girth, length, the sharpness of the blade, number of times it is and all it can be changed when the results are unsatisfactory.
Can a disposable razor be brought in a plane?
Yes, disposable razor and its cartridge are the only kind of razor that is permitted in a handbag in the plane.
For how many shaves can the disposable razor be used?
For almost 5-10 shaves the same razor can be used, it may vary from person to person.
How to know when my razor is dull?
Generally, a razor should glide on skin smoothly and quickly, in case there is a problem in gliding like you have used more pressure so that the friction increases, then it’s time to change the blade.
How often should you shave?
That entirely depends on the rate of the growth of facial hair, initially once a week is okay but as you grow the density of beard hair enhances thus a shave at almost 3-4 days is required.
Is it true the more we shave, the denser the beard?
No, not at all. The density of hairs varies from person to person, and it has nothing related to the number of times you shave.
How to clean the razor?
To clean the razor, after you are done, you can use a micro comb to remove everything that is stuck and entangled between the blades and then clean with water.
What is razor burn?
Razor burn is nothing but the irritation caused to skin due to a technical error in shaving like, not using water for shaving, using a dull blade, and others.
How can razor burn be prevented while shaving?
To treat razor burn and avoid it in future the shaving must be done technically in a correct way, the face must be washed first, so the skin is hydrated, shaving gel should be preferably gel based or glycerine based to be applied Using an applicator or brush. The shaving should be done with the grain. If the cream is required it should be reapplied and shaved. After shaving, your face must be washed, and aftershave should be applied. Make sure the aftershave is not heavily perfumed as the shaved skin is always sensitive as the pores are open so applying heavily perfumed aftershave will trigger razor burn.
Which is better, power razor or manual?
That is totally dependent on the person if you are okay with the manual one, and you prefer manual razors as compared to an electric one then you should go for that. Manual razors are preferred because of the cleaner cut they give and its portability and the option to dispose of it after use, but it requires skill and patience. An electric razor is less likely to provide you with any nicks or cuts and is better for a quick shave if you are short of time.
Should I shave with or against the grain?
It is advisable to shave with the hair or in the direction that it is growing, which is usually downwards. This way you can prevent ingrown hairs, and you can avoid cutting yourself. Although, there are places where the hair doesn’t always grow downwards and that varies from person to person, and it is usually found in those stubborn spots.
How long would it take to get a good shave?
Again, it depends on the experience you have. If you are a beginner it will take about half an hour to set your hand but once you’ve gotten used to it and acquired the skill it can take about 10-15 minutes to get a good shave.
What angle should I shave at?
It is best to shave at a 30-degree angle, a 15-degree angle would be too harsh on the skin and a 60 degree would end up ripping the hair from the skin entirely. Remember to pull the skin taut with one hand to prevent cutting yourself and shave in the direction of the hair rather than against it.
To summarize, the disposable razors are great options for all men but before you buy any just make sure you are aware of everything. The lubricated strips blade razor should be preferred for a smooth and comfortable shave while a person with sensitive skin should use a single blade razor rather than the multiple blades, all have its own pros and cons and the use is as per the necessity. We have mentioned some of the best razors here so that your research is done and you have a fairly good idea about the kind of razor you want and the budget you are interested in.